Monday, January 22, 2007

Emotions of Writing.

Well Newbery results came in. No, I’m not exceptionally disappointed, but yet, it would be nice to see that the writing I have done has been noticed by someone, anyone for that matter, not necessarily an award committee. With me being a new writer, I have never allowed others to read or review my scripts until it was published for fear of being discouraged along a road that only one can walk. I do however, look forward to that one glimpse at my stories being noticed, even a letter from a reader, librarian or committee telling me how the novel has warmed their hearts and stimulated their minds. Dreams…they drive us on to accomplish the things other see as impossible. At the moment I feel like the new kid on the block. The one that gets ignored and passed by because he’s the “new guy” until he melds with the group over time. So I keep writing…keep waiting…

My second novel will be out in February of 2007. It’s called “West’s Time Machine.” It is the best bit of writing I have ever reached to date. As I wrote it, I frequently leaned back in my chair, shaking my head, wondering how such wondrous words came out of me. On each rewrite, I kept doing this, fore the words seemed to be someone else’s. I suppose this is one of those gifts that each of us hope to tape into sometime during our lifetime, but writing is an amazing experience in and of itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter