Thursday, January 11, 2007

George's Pond to appear in magazines this Spring.


Wow, what a week. My book George’s Pond is now currently on the list being considered by the ALA (American Library Association) for the Newbery Award and the book is also on the list for consideration towards juvenile fiction, Book of the Year Award from Foreword Magazine, so wish me luck. Newbery Committee meet next week in Seattle Washington to make a decision.

Yesterday eight of my English students bought my book and asked me to sign it for them. I was so touched by this. I signed it “I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Happy Reading, Scott Waring.” The Happy Reading part I borrowed from Beverly Clearly, another children’s writer who often signed this way.

In April or May issues, “George’s Pond” novel will be found in the following magazines: Foreword Magazine (March-April issue & May-June issue),
Bookmarks (April),
Booklist (ALA magazine) (April),
New York Book Review (maybe)(March),
and possibly but haven’t heard yet about Publishers Weekly, and School Library Journal, and Booklinks (ALA mag) but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter